Child Protection News
– Saturday, 10 October 2015
Dr Tony Butler will be addressing the the National Forensic Psychologists Conference in Tucumán. He will be describing his work in Argentina and specifically the partnership with the Provincial and Federal Courts in Tucumán.
– Thursday, April 14 2011 – From Jamaica Observer –
– Push for passing of Evidence Act from Tony Butler of CPDTrust –
BRITISH forensic psychologist and child protection consultant Dr Tony Butler, who audited Jamaica’s child protection system in 2008, has expressed disappointment that Parliament has still not passed the Evidence Act to allow video evidence in court cases further minimising secondary victimisation of the injured party, particularly children.
– Thursday, 7th April 2011 – British Embassy in Havana, Cuba –
– Inauguration of Child Protection Centre in Villa Clara, Cuba –
Dianna Melrose at the opening of the
new centre in Santa Clara
UK/Cuba cooperation over child protection was celebrated at the opening ceremony of the new centre in Santa Clara on 5 April.
Cuba is unique in Latin America and the Caribbean in taking an active, child-centred and integrated approach to child protection, with psychologists, social workers, health personnel, schools, the police and community organizations all working as one team.
– Friday, Jan. 25, 2008 – From Associated Press –
– Tony Butler from Child Protection Development Trust attends Havana Press Conference –
Tony Butler, Trustee of Britain’s Child Protection Development Trust, attends a press conference in Havana, Cuba, Friday, Jan. 25, 2008. Representatives from 15 countries from throughout Latin America and the Caribbean will meet in Havana next week for a regional conference on programs to protect children from sexual and other forms of abuse.
(AP Photo/Javier Galeano)